In CMIS, a Check Request (CHKR) is a document that creates a Commitment and an Invoice (from a Vendor) simultaneously. Think of it as a Request for a Check to be made for something that a Purchase Order or Subcontract would be impractical or impossible to create beforehand.
There are three ways a Check Request can be created, manually, by converting a projected cost, or automatically by reading a vendor’s invoice from a PDF or image. This particular guide is for the Manual process.
How to Create
- Navigate to MAA > Management > List View (Summary)
- Click the New button
- In the New Document window, select the following:
- Step 1 – Select the CHKR Document ID
- Step 2 – Select the job number to which you would like this Check Request to be tied. (NOTE: If this request is for multiple jobs, you can leave this blank, and within the Line Items of the Check Request, indicate which jobs this is for)
- Step 3 – Select the Vendor Code that is to be paid. (NOTE: you can look up the vendor code by entering in their company name )
- Click Continue and follow the prompts.
What to Fill In
The minimum information that is needed is:
- The Invoice Number – the reference number from the vendor/payee
- The Doc Date – the date of this referenced document
- At least one line item with a Job Number, Quantity, and Price.
All other fields can be considered “Optional” depending on how you want to use CMIS. To learn about how a field is used or what it is for, click in that field and click the Help button.